Have you ever felt tired and stressed at work and just as you get home, you see your three children running up to you asking you to play basketball with them? You refused and promised them you would do it after you got some rest.
Instead of disappointing your children, why not say “yes” after all? You’ll be surprised at how much energy you’ll have after this 30-minute activity.
Did you know that exercising at a moderate pace for just 30 minutes will make you feel much better, mentally? It has been proven to improve your appetite and sharpen your problem-solving style. Not only that. You’ll also feel that it’s easier to sleep at night if you do moderate exercise, even for just 30 minutes a day.
What are the benefits of regular physical activity? It promotes self-discipline and has a positive impact on the way you view life. Exercise helps lift your spirits and pull you out of any depression. For beginners, this can be done for 15 minutes for 2-3 days a week. You can increase the amount of time you spend once your body gets used to it.
Never force your body! If you get hurt, stop. You can take a break for a few days and then start again, but you need to start on the first day.
Here are some moderate exercises you can do and enjoy:
- Take the walk. Use your surroundings. You can walk your dog, with your partner or your child. Encourage your family to do the walking exercise every day and you will find yourself burning calories while enjoying the environment and getting enough sunlight, which is also good for your body.
- Discover the wonders of yoga. Yoga is an effective exercise that energizes not only your body but also your soul. You may want to learn even basic yoga poses that are not too complicated but have proven to be effective. A five-minute yoga exercise can lift your spirits and recharge your body with the energy you’ve lost all day. You relax and stretch at the same time!
- Get involved in sports. Play basketball, soccer, baseball, tennis or badminton. Many doctors have recommended sports as an effective way to stay fit and healthy. Sports can also be done in moderation. Don’t take it too seriously. Shooting hoops with a friend is a moderate exercise that is also considered a sport.
- Participate in exercise programs at work. If you still don’t have an exercise program at work, then why not start one? You can talk to your boss and start with your co-workers. Not only will you lose calories, but it’s also a good way to bond with them. This can be done for 30 minutes, 3 times a week.
- Exercise while doing household chores. Gardening, raking leaves, mowing the lawn, doing laundry, vacuuming and washing the car are all effective moderate exercises around the house. Use these chores to sweat and burn calories. Instead of using machines and gadgets to do these tasks, why not do it with your hands and lose some fat?
Making exercise part of your daily routine will surprise you with the amount of calories you will lose. Doing these moderate exercises the same amount each day can burn 150 to 1,000 calories a day!